Friday, March 13, 2009

Blogger Feeds Not Working

For those using Blogger, there appears to be a widespread problem with the RSS/Atom feeds not updating properly, especially when an FTP-hosted Blogger blog is being used. I noticed the problem this morning when I tried to update my Blogger feed in Facebook. The rss.xml or atom.xml file is empty (0 bytes) and the following message comes up when you try to view it:

XML Parsing Error: no element found
Line Number 1, Column 1:

The There are several users in the Blogger help groups that are reporting this issue. Doh! The Blogger Help Group Something is Broken has many of the same posts. As of the time of this post, there is no official acknowledgment on the Blogger Status page. Hopefully they fix it soon.

UPDATE: As a workaround, you can access your Blogger feed at, where XXXXXX is the unique Blogger ID number for your blog. To find the unique blogger ID, click to create a new post and note the URL (usually something like The last string of numbers is your Blogger ID. If you are using FeedBurner, simply enter the URL under Original Feed (with the correct Blogger ID), and you should be back in business.

No comments:

Post a Comment